Monday, July 11, 2011

The first

Is it sad that immediately after creating this account, the first thing I do is start fiddling with the customization options instead of posting? Nah.

So, first post of many. I hope. I had thought about starting up a blog again, since several moons ago I did so on LiveJournal. I even thought about resurrecting my old account there, however, after reviewing it just several hours ago I've decided to just start from scratch. I was 18 when I started that blog and it mostly consisted of surveys and other random and silly things. And then my friend Caleb told me yesterday that he had started blogging on this website and that I should start up one as well. So here I am, starting this one and hopefully chronicling some of the more interesting parts of my life thus far.

So what to talk about? Well I suppose I could talk about the biggest thing that's going to be happening to me in just a short 89 days. And that would be the day that I marry my best friend. If you've known me awhile then you know that this is one of the biggest things in my life that I've wanted and waited for. I can't put into words how amazingly happy I am to have found the man that I was meant to spend the rest of my life with. And I found him when I wasn't even looking for him, which was when I always said that I would probably find him. haha!

I always thought that finding my future husband was going to be the hard part and that planning the wedding was going to be easy. And oh my sweet goodness did I ever get that wrong! It turns out that I had it backwards. Sure, finding him took a couple of years, but trying to figure out what will go where, invitations, bridesmaid dresses, MY dress, the cake, the food, tablecloths, how many tables, the lighting, the planting (we're sprucing up my parent's yard, which is where we're getting married), building the arbor, and other random things are enough to drive me crazy. I think it's all the options that are thrown at you, at least that's my case. It took me FOREVER to make my mind up about what to pick out.Thankfully we have just about everything booked now and I even have a dress ordered. So a lot of stress has been taken care of and I'm enjoying having a little break right now. I'm not out of the woods yet though, there's still plenty to be done. Which is why I'll be ending this post now. I've got to look up recipes for the rehearsal dinner.

Until next time dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment